Monday, January 23, 2012

Light It Up

As you may know, I recently attended a concert where I saw the band For King and Country. Their song "Light It Up" really inspired me and I wanted to share it with all of you!





The lead singers, brothers Joel and Luke, had this to say about the song "Light It Up.


"For a time, our friend lived in a house where he would stuff blankets in the windows, switch off the lights and live for days at a time alone in literal darkness," says Luke. "We wrote this song for him, but for the longest time couldn't work up the courage to tell him. Partly because it was his favorite tune and also because we were afraid of how he would handle it."
When Joel and Luke finally worked up the courage to tell him, their friend stood up, walking out of the room, got in his car and drove off. Roughly 20 minutes passed until he called them up and with tears in his voice saying, "Thank you for writing that song for me. It moves me, encourages me, it gives me hope." http://www.wordlabelgroup.com/kingcountry

Middle school is a tough time. There is a lot of pressure to act a certain way to try to 'fit in' to the crowd. Combine that with all the other things going on at home and the world around us and we can have a total disaster! We all can fall victim to depression and experience feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and fear, just like the friend above. If you know someone who feels this way share this song with them, or better yet, do something to light up their life like Joel and Luke did for their friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment